You are going meet so many different types of people at university, but a handful will stand out and stay with you forever! Here are some people who you…
Once you have chosen a university, whether you went through the UCAS process or found yourself going through Clearing, there are a few things you need to do before…
In our first part we looked into what university league tables are, and what they include. By knowing what information they provide we can now see how this can help you in your application and important decision to…
There is the all important question of, ‘Will university increase your chances of securing a job?’, and in some areas or opinions it doesn’t reveal an answer. However, we at University Compare believe in the sanctity of university…
At higher education level, a lot more is expected of a student than in previous education systems and curriculum, and one word undergraduates will start to hear plenty of will be the term ‘independent study’. One definition states…
All the research in the world, and all of the collected statistics from surveys can tell you a great deal about what your university will be like, but nothing can give you the most realistic idea than current…
Students who are entering university level may have the idea that studying a degree will be more relaxing and laid back than previous education systems; this isn’t the case. Each university, course, module and teacher have a different…
When you start university and become a first year there are some things that everyone goes through, especially the first few months. These are the typical things undergraduates will do whilst at university.
Becoming a student will affect you more than the overdraft in your student bank account! Most student sleeping problems will start when they move into their new surroundings or during stressful times of their university life, read about…
When the journey of choosing a university and a course begins, you’ll be struck with so many different aspects of university life and what you will come across during your three or four years of studying. Although all…
When you start applying to university there are many different factors that can help you make you narrow down your decision on what university to go to and what course to take. You can let the NSS (National…
University has more to offer than a degree and referencing, and before you start your journey at what is going now be, ‘your’ university, you should research the traditions and history behind it, because now you are a…
When students start university, they will need to understand how to use information correctly and ethically, basically meaning to reference any work they have used, from ideas to direct quotations. Plagiarism is a serious offence and can end…
Ucas Extra is a service for students who have applied to universities via Ucas, and have either not received any offers, or who have decline offers that they have received. Ucas Extra is an opportunity to add another…
When students start their degree and their journey into higher education, one of the main sources of support will come from their friendship circle, and the relationships that they will create, gain and develop throughout the three years….
When you receive your grades on results day, they can send you in a different direction than you originally planned. Whether you didn’t get the grades than expected, couldn’t find a course during Clearing, or decided that you…
Surely, the excitement of going to university, with the promise of new beginnings, experiences and people to meet, is enough to keep you going until your first class, however, the moving aspect is a huge milestone in…
- Why you need a back-up plan for Results day
- What can complicate your Clearing process
- What do graduate employment statistics actually mean?
- What you won’t expect to happen at university: Part 1
- Why learning to cook before university is a good idea
- Ideas on how to spend your last summer before university
- Different ways to get over your A-Levels
- The different stages of realisation that students have about being a grown up
- Top 5 tips to get through Clearing
- How to get the most out of studying in your First Year
- Fresher’s Guide: The first lectures
- Fresher’s Guide: Before you get to university
- The summer preparing for university
- Fresher’s Week: What not to do
- How useful are university league tables
- What to expect from a degree
- Fresher’s guide: The first two weeks
- How to survive Fresher’s week
- People you’ll meet on a night out at university
- How to meet people during Fresher’s Week
- Universities and entry requirements
- The people you’re going to hate at Halls
- 5 ways to stay safe during Fresher’s
- Should you go on a gap year?
- What about a student Internship?
- The stages of Fresher’s Flu
- Bad choices every student makes during their degree
- Settle into student life
- First years: What you’ll love about Halls
- University Compare iPhone App
- Budgeting for First Years
- What first years love about university
- Icebreakers you’re going need at university
- Students: What type of job should you get?
- How to get the most out of placements
- Life lessons you’ll learn from University
- Guide to an all-nighter
- Weirdest things that actually happened at university!
- How to keep in touch with friends
- The essentials needed for university
- Students: Dine out and save money
- How to survive your night out at university
- How to wake up for your morning lecture
- The types of students you’ll find in your exam room
- Emotions on A-Level results day, as told by pugs
- Students: Saving money when going out
- 9 Questions your new housemates will ask you
- Accommodation and Clearing 2014
- Do you need to take your car to university?
- Work for University Compare as a Student Ambassador
- Adjustment 2014 – Step by step!
- Student Finance and Clearing 2014
- Will Clearing 2014 affect me?
- Helplines for Clearing 2014
- When is Clearing 2014?
- What to do during Adjustment 2014
- How to choose student broadband
- Painful lessons you’ll learn at university
- What is Adjustment 2014?
- What if I miss Clearing 2014?