93219 students are using the Uni Compare app

FAQ: How do I apply for private housing at university?

How do I apply for private housing at university?

If you take a private house, or a student house, you will need to speak to the Accommodations Office. The Accommodations Offices will often have a lot of different alternatives available for you. We recommend that you join as many Facebook groups related to your university as possible and see what everyone is doing in there and try and sort something out, this way you can speak about the possibilities of moving in together, and you can also gain some advice about the local area and about your potential new housing situation, too. Before any of this, however, you should speak to your Student Accommodations Office and see if they can point you in the right direction.

For more on student accommodation and housing, check out our comprehensive guide: https://universitycompare.com/university-advice/student-accomodation-everything-need-know/

For more on Student Accommodation, check out our bumper guide here:

For more on how to find last minute accommodation after Clearing, check our article here:

If you’re looking for the essential items you’ll need for university, check out our useful guide here:

Student Advice