Uni Search
Course Search
Course Quiz

Can I delay my university start date?

FAQs / Can I delay my university start date?

Delaying admission to the university is known as deferring a university place. Deferring your entry to university by term or academic year, only if the university accepts your deferral request. You can also withdraw your submission and re-apply the next year, but UCAS will want an explanation for this.

If you wish to view UCAS advice, on deferring a place, use the link below:

It’s common that students want to defer admission to go on gap years. For gap year information and advice click here:

23 Students that visited this frequently asked question found it useful.
Did you find this questions useful? If so, click yes I did, show some love and help other students.

Most Popular Student Advice Articles

Student advice articles you may like