93897 students are using the Uni Compare app

FAQ: What do I need to apply for an EHIC card?

What do I need to apply for an EHIC card?

A main applicant for the EHIC must be a resident in the UK, and of British, other EU/EEA or Swiss nationality to be eligible for the card. You can provide a National Insurance (NI) or an NHS number, for example, as it can help to prove certain applicants are entitled to hold an EHIC. However, residents of the Channel Islands and the Isle of Man are not eligible for an EHIC Card. If you live in another EEA country, and you receive a state pension, or any other benefit paid to you when you move abroad, you may be entitled to a UK-issued EHIC card.

For more on European Health Insurance, check out our great guide, here:

Student Advice