93814 students are using the Uni Compare app

FAQ: Do I need to pass any exams to study in America?

Do I need to pass any exams to study in America?

Unfortunately, yes you do. When students come to study in the UK, they have to study some of the various exams and courses that are offered, and the same can be said for the US, too. When going over there, you will need to pass a specific exam, called an SAT and another one called an ACT Test. These will need to be completed before you apply, and you can do them in the UK, which means you don’t need to be flying all the way across the pond just to sit an exam.

For more on applying to American Universities, check out our guide here:

For information American Finances, check out our informative guide here:

If you’re worried about staying in touch with friends and family when you’re away, check our article here:

If you’re worried about your paperwork for studying abroad, look no further than our article here:

Student Advice