93897 students are using the Uni Compare app

FAQ: What Nigerian qualifications are accepted by UK universities?

What Nigerian qualifications are accepted by UK universities?

If you’ve graduated from the Nigerian education system, then you may be required to complete a year of International Foundation before a university will consider your application. However the requirements for studying in the UK will very much depend on the university that you have applied to, but most universities will accept a Senior School Certificate (SSCE) or a West African Senior School Certificate (WAEC), although this can differ depending on what university you apply to and can also depend on the area of the UK you are applying to. Experience at any Nigerian universities can also be considered too, but you need to have achieved a certain level and GPA (Grade Point Average) in order to apply.

For more information on studying in the UK from Nigeria, check out our article here: https://universitycompare.com/university-advice/studying-uk-travelling-nigeria/

For help with writing your personal statement, check out our Personal Statement Editor here:

For examples of other personal statements, check out our personal statement examples here:

For help with your university admissions interview, check out our useful guide here:

For help with your UCAS application, see our useful guide here:

Student Advice