University: Expectations Vs RealitySee All Articles
Nobody can really know what their student experience will be like when they begin studying, however we have the top 10 most common university expectations for students and their reality to give you a heads up of what it will be like when you start!
1. Expectation: To stay classy when you drink
And when you do drink it doesn't have to be a messy night
Reality: You will wake up like this
And have no recollection of the night before, ever.
2. Expectation: People will notice when you're not there
Reality: Nobody will care if you don't show up
and that includes your friends too
3. Expectation: You'll compete each assignment with loads of time left
Reality: You'll start the project on the day it is due
Because Netflix took over the last three weeks
4. Expectation: You'll put time aside to study every week
Reality: You don't know what and how it happened
And you'll probably never know either
5. Expectation: You'll be in the best group for group work
Or maybe even your friend will be in there too
Reality: You will hate group work
And will always hate group work - especially that guy that does nothing (we hate him!).
Career Quiz: What Degree Shall I Study?
Join the 75,000 students that have already found their future career by taking our short 60-second degree quizTake Short Quiz