29 times first years loved living at uniSee All Articles
First years have a lot to look forward to, from Fresher’s week to meeting people from all walks of life, but one of the things that first years love is living at uni and having that ultimate sense of freedom that comes with it.
1. Having Fresher's week before you start your course
2. Trying to reinvent yourself
3. Maybe trying to accomplish a world record
4. And find a new place to call home for three years
5. Or even finding members for your squad
6. And not having to walk your pets anymore
Even though you love them more than life
7. Not having to make up excuses to your mum anymore
8. Or concealing your emotions
Just let it out and cry in your own private room
9. And not having to be involved in family disputes
10. Changing your hairstyle without your mum's disapproval
It'll grow back before term has ended anyway
11. Turn your room into a rehearsal space
12. And acting like a child whenever you can
13. Playing too much video games because you can
14. Feeling good knowing your younger sibling is still at home
And has no freedom whatsoever.
15. Not having to deal with weird family relatives
Because you are too far away to care now
16. Try out new dance moves
Knowing you rock them
17. Testing out those recipes from the joke student cookbook that was bought for you
And realising it is actually really helpful.
18. Spending hours watching cat videos on YouTube
Because who doesn't do this when they have freedom?
19. Drinking every night.
Seriously, every night of Fresher's week
20. And hurting yourself more than your mum will ever know
21. Falling asleep at any time of day
Mostly due to the Sambuka shots you had the night before
22. Getting angry whenever you want
And nobody will care
23. Knowing you can go home if you wanted to
24. Not having to hide your fears from your parents
You can keep the light on all night at university
25. Throwing up from the dirty pint
Because you make bad life decisions now apparently
26. And allowing your new found friends to 'look' after you
Well, as much as they can bare
27. Choosing the sleeping pattern that suits you
And your student nights out best
28. Telling people what you think of them
They'll be too drunk to understand anyway
29. And feel good knowing you can ring home for sympathy any time of day
Mum will always be there and she always knows best.
Career Quiz: What Degree Shall I Study?
Join the 75,000 students that have already found their future career by taking our short 60-second degree quizTake Short Quiz