UCAS Clearing Phone NumbersSee All Uni Advice Articles
Now University Clearing has begun, the process may seem daunting especially after you haven’t received the results you wanted or were predicted. But we are here to help, and there are lots of different steps for you to get a guaranteed place at University. To start, there are two great places for you to go to secure a place.
The first is UCAS, and there is information about how to accept your new course on track through your UCAS application. The second is here on University Compare where courses available through Clearing are listed. You can also use UCAS Track, too.
There will also be lots of coverage in the newspapers and the media that will have some handy tips to get through this tough process. But sometimes that just doesn’t cut it, so if you would like to speak to someone here are some handy helplines you might need:
UCAS: 0871 468 0468
Due to the pressure of trying to secure every student a place, UCAS set up this number for you to call. Although they cannot give you advice about which Clearing course to choose, they will be able to help you with any questions you may have about the different steps to take during this time.
Exam Results Helpline: 0808 100 8000
There are others who can help you through Clearing:
• Your school or college. They go through this year on year and have a lot of experience in this, and as they know you so well, it is a good idea to talk to them about it.
• If you have a careers office in your school or college, they can provide some great advice.
• Local career services. There are government-funded services e.g. Career Connect; sometimes they visit schools and colleges to offer advice on a range of subjects. They also have information about jobs and apprenticeships.
• Ma and Pa. Or even brother, sister, grandma, auntie and your third cousin twice removed can offer some words of wisdom. Especially if they have gone through it before. Just remember when it comes to calling up the Universities don’t let them do it for you. Universities do not want to hear how you tidy your room; they want to talk to you!
• Follow and Like. Follow UCAS at #ucasclearing and University Compare on Twitter and on the University Compare Facebook page. This is a fantastic way to get updates about courses as they appear.
Career Quiz: What Degree Shall I Study?
Join the 75,000 students that have already found their future career by taking our short 60-second degree quizTake Short Quiz